Looking to put on a great party? Good plan. But what ya gonna play? There’s so much to choose from, right? Well, fear not, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’re going to share with you all the party bangers you’ll need to get the party started…or keep it going long into the night.
So here are some of the best party songs to help you get down and boogie, with plenty of dance music, soul, funk, rap, and, of course, plenty of pop. Prepare the dancefloor!
Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
‘Uptown Funk’ is a confident, fun-filled track about being successful and having fun dancing and partying. It’s interesting in that it was one of two songs released in 2014 that referenced Michelle Pfeiffer—the other being Vance Joy’s ‘Riptide’—at a time when Pfeiffer was not appearing in any hit films.
Get Lucky – Daft Punk
Here’s a song about staying up all night partying and hoping to find passion. Nile Rodgers played guitar for the track while Pharrell Williams provided vocals. It’s a party banger like no other.
Related: This one is a popular choice for feel good soundtracks.
Low (Apple Bottom Jeans)- Flo Rida ft. T-Pain
This song finds Flo Rida mesmerized by a woman’s dance moves. It makes heavy use of product placement and was used in the soundtrack for the film Step Up 2 The Streets in 2008.
Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock
‘Party Rock Anthem’ is a club staple that focuses on shuffling and dancing the night away at a party. It was LMFAO’s only hit and had Motown influences, as member Redfoo was the son of Motown’s founder.
Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean
Rihanna’s uplifting hit about finding love against all odds was a very popular party and dance track after its release. It was the singer’s sixth Number One hit in Britain. Each song that hit Number One was released within a five-year period, which is a record that only Rihanna has ever held in the female solo artist category.
Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) – Beyoncé
Beyoncé encourages women to leave their boyfriends if they don’t propose in this iconic girl-power hit. The song isn’t likely biographical, as the singer didn’t even want a ring during her own engagement.
Push It! – Salt-N-Pepa
This is mostly a simple track encouraging listeners to dance. The lyrics were meant to be secondary to the rhythm. It samples from The Kinks and James Brown.
SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake sings of seductive dancing with this track. Timberlake has said that it has a James Brown feel to it.
Dance Monkey – Tones and I
Tones and I was inspired to write this song while busking, as she felt like a trained monkey trying to entertain people. The lyrics make more sense if you replace the word “dance” with “sing.”
U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
MC Hammer sings of an untouchable beat in this dance hit. The music is based off of Rick James’ ‘Super Freak.’
I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
This song finds Whitney Houston feeling hopeful about finding someone to love while out dancing. It was the lead single from Houston’s second album and a huge success.
Dancing Queen – ABBA
A teenage girl wows everyone on the dance floor in ABBA’s classic track. It was an international success and became the world’s first Europop disco hit.
In da Club – 50 Cent
This song’s complex lyrics are mostly about hanging out at the club. It references five different rappers throughout.
September – Earth, Wind & Fire
‘September’ was inspired by a protest on the 21st of September. It’s known for its happy sound that fits in perfectly at parties.
Happy – Pharrell Williams
This song about being happy and encouraging it in others was one of the very few pop hits that was composed by one person; Pharrell Williams wrote the entire song in addition to singing it. It was part of the Despicable Me 2 film soundtrack.
Related: This also appears on our playlist of songs about happiness.
Jump Around – House of Pain
This dance-fueled song about jumping was one of the defining hits of the 1990s. The “jumping” theme was popular among hip-hop artists in 1992 when this track was released.
Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
This classic, which could be about not quitting on love or on life in general, won Michael Jackson his first Grammy Award. The vocals were written to be so high-pitched that Jackson had to be overdubbed in some places for the right effect.
I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
Black Eyed Peas’ sing of having fun, dancing, and partying to forget your woes in this hit. It samples David Guetta’s ‘Love Is Gone.’
More Party Songs:
- Daft Punk – One More Time
- Got to Give It Up – Marvin Gaye
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 Feat. Christina Aguilera
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga Feat. Colby O’Donis
- OMG – Usher Feat. Will.I.Am
- Love Shack – The B-52’s
- Yeah! – Usher ft. Lil Jon & Ludacris
- Enrique Iglesias – Bailando ft. Sean Paul
- Crazy In Love – Beyoncé ft. Jay Z
- ‘Stayin’ Alive’ – Bee Gees
- Village People – YMCA
- Pon De Floor – Major Lazer
- I’m Coming Out – Diana Ross
- (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) – Beastie Boys
- Party In the USA – Miley Cyrus
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
- Celebration – Kool & The Gang
- Give Me Everything (Tonight) – Pitbull Feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, & Nayer
- It’s Tricky – Run-D.M.C.
- Cha Cha Slide – DJ Casper
- 212 – Azealia Banks, ft Lazy Jay
- Love at First Sight – Kylie Minogue
- 1999 – Prince
- Poison – Bell Biv DeVoe
- Like a Prayer – Madonna
- Nanana – Peggy Gou
- Gonna Make You Sweat – C+C Music Factory
- Rock with You – Michael Jackson
- Barbie World (with Aqua) – Ice Spice and Nicki Minaj
- Groove Is in the Heart – Deee-Lite
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go – Wham!
- Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
- The Power – Snap!
- Gold Digger – Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx
- Pump Up the Jam – Technotronic
- Relax – Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
- Baby Got Back – Sir Mix-a-Lot
- SOS – ABBA
- Kiss – Prince
- All That She Wants – Ace Of Bass
- Dancing With Myself – Billy Idol
- California Love – 2pac
- Hella Good – No Doubt
- Nasty – Janet Jackson
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
- Express Yourself – Madonna
- Rehab – Amy Winehouse
- Give Up the Funk – Parliament
- I Got You (I Feel Good) – James Brown
- Super Bass – Nicki Minaj
- Hot Girl Summer – Megan Thee Stallion
- Mo Money Mo Problems – The Notorious B.I.G.
- Started From the Bottom – Drake
- Take on Me – A-ha
- Here Comes the Hotstepper – Ini Kamoze
- It Takes Two – Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock
- One, Two Step – Ciara ft. Missy Elliott
- Walk This Way – Run-D.M.C. with Aerosmith
- Whip It – Devo
- Don’t You Want Me – The Human League
- Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
- Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
- Modern Love – David Bowie
- Rock the Casbah – The Clash
- Africa – Toto
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
- Maneater – Hall & Oates
- Lifestyle – Rich Gang
- Get Down Tonight – KC & The Sunshine Band
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- I Love Rock And Roll – Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Raise Your Glass – Pink
- Sexy Chick – David Guetta Feat. Akon
- Play That Funky Music (White Boy) – Wild Cherry
- You Dropped A Bomb On Me – The Gap Band
- The Grease Megamix – Olivia Newton & John Travolta
- Twist And Shout – The Beatles
- The Hustle (My Eyes Don’t Cry No More) – Stevie Wonder